Monday, November 30, 2009

American Thanksgiving

I can't get my pictures to upload in the right order so I'll just explain them individually. Chad took pictures of these twins on Saturday. This picture was so cute I just had to share it! Kennedy has been asking lately to climb a tree. After Thanksgiving dinner we changed them in to some more casual clothes so they could go climb some trees at Grandma June's house.




We had lunch on Thanksgiving with Chad's Dad, his wife Bonnie, his brother Joseph, his sister Hannah and her fiance David. I'm not sure how it happend but we actually got a picture of everyone looking at the camera even though there was no one standing there to help the kids look at it.
After lunch everyone was pretty tired. Emerson fell asleep on me in her sling.

Chad and the kids relaxed on the sofa.


Emerson and Grandma June







I tried my best I really did but it was the end of the night and I just could not get a picture of everyone looking.


We got home at about 8:30 and after we got the kids in bed it was almost 10 and I happend to see the toys r us ad in the paper for a toy Kennedy really wanted for 67% off. They were opening at midnight so I went and got in line at 10:30. I wasn't dressed appropriately to stand in line for an hour and a half in a chilly rain. And it was really boring to wait that long and insane once I got inside. Due to bad planning by whoever was in charge at Toys r Us there was a lot of chaos and I stood in line for over 2 hours waiting to check out! That's okay though it was soooo worth it. I bought three of the one thing that Kennedy wanted, I'm going to sell 2 of them and in the end I will have gotten over $500 of toys for free thanks to the sale prices and the two things I'll sell. I would have stood in line all night for that!!
Friday I took Kennedy shopping with me. I don't think it was too much fun for her though. She kept asking to go to the toy store, which was not on our list of places we needed to visit.

We had dinner at my dad's Friday night and it was a late night again. Saturday Chad did pictures of the twins in the morning and I can't remember what we did the rest of the day.
Sunday Chad did more pictures, we looked at some houses and then we went to get our Christmas tree. Unfortunately I guess we got there too late in the week because all of the 9' trees were gone so we had to get a smaller one. Who knew they sold out of a size of Christmas tree before December? I guess they get more in but they didn't know when. We went to another tree lot but their trees were twice the price of Walmart so back to Walmart we went. Hopefully by the time we get it all decorated we won't notice the difference in size.
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.








No comments: