Wednesday, September 16, 2009















I often get comments about the number of kids we have which I don't really understand. We only have 3! I know many people with three kids. I know a lot of people with 4 or currently expecting their fourth. Today at the grocery store a lady looked at me and then the kids and said you're a very brave woman. Now the kids were behaving well at the store today so I wasn't really sure if she meant brave for having 3 kids or brave for taking 3 kids to the grocery store? That was not a rude comment, but I've gotten quite a few of those too. A friend of mine, who has three kids, was recently asked "did you do that on purpose?" by a complete stranger. Anyways, I just don't really get the comments since there are plenty of people in the world with 3 kids. Now if I were expecting my 19th like the Duggar family (which is more than the 10 I would personally like but I think it's great for them!) I could understand the comments.

We went to a pink and brown themed ice cream birthday party last weekend for the 1 year old birthday of the daughter of a friend of mine (who has 4 kids!) and I just happend to have the perfect dresses for Kennedy and Emerson that I had been saving all summer. I wanted to get pictures of them eating ice cream in them but didn't want to ruin the dresses so they've just been hanging in their closets. Well, Emerson wore it for a couple of hours to Kennedy and Parker's party. Anyways, they looked so cute!

We'd been using this truck to keep Emerson from going up the stairs because it was easier for the rest of us to get over than a baby gate. Unfortunately our little mountain goat just figured out how to climb into it and then over it to get up the stairs!

No comments: